Thursday, May 13, 2010

random quotes of inspiration

"We promise according to our hopes, and perform according to our fears." ~Francois de La Rouchefoucauld


I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart. ~ Van Gogh

You don't need a class to Art Journal. It's a book in which you put yourself in. There are no rules. Just do it. You will find your way.


Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that's where I renew my springs that never dry up. ~Pearl Buck


Some of the pictures are truly mysterious to me.. which is why I so often say publicly that I don’t know or don’t care what they’re really about. And yet I can also say that the paintings are prayers.~ Susan Rothenberg


"I try to tell students to do the things that come the most naturally, but at the same time do the very thing that you don't know how to do and that you're afraid to do. You should do two things at once: what you do and what you don't do. I think what you do instinctually proceeds from your heart. And what you don't do is what you need to learn with your head. So you need to do both." ~ Amy Sullivan


"No one else but you can make your marks. Listen to your bones. Speak with your spirit. Edit with your head. Live with your heart." ~S.Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment